Definition of acceleration
- an increase in rate of change; "modern science caused an acceleration of cultural change". Antonyms: deceleration.
- the act of accelerating; increasing the speed. Synonyms: quickening, speedup. Antonyms: deceleration.
- (physics) a rate of increase of velocity. Antonyms: deceleration.
getaway, pickup, precipitation.
Rhymes with acceleration
abbreviation, abdication, aberration, ablation, abnegation, abomination, abrogation, acclamation, acclimation, accommodation, accreditation, accumulation, accusation, accusation, acidification, activation, adaptation, adjudication, administration, admiration.
Start with acceleration
More information about acceleration
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- acceleration is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 16 points
- acceleration is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 16 points
- acceleration is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 20 points