Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- trace is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 7 points
- trace is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 7 points
- trace is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 8 points
5 letter words by unscrambling trace
4 letter words by unscrambling trace
3 letter words by unscrambling trace
2 letter words by unscrambling trace
Definition of trace
- a just detectable amount; "he speaks French with a trace of an accent". Synonyms: hint, suggestion.
- an indication that something has been present; "there wasn't a trace of evidence for the claim", "a tincture of condescension". Synonyms: shadow, tincture, vestige.
- a suggestion of some quality; "there was a touch of sarcasm in his tone", "he detected a ghost of a smile on her face". Synonyms: ghost, touch.
- a drawing created by superimposing a semitransparent sheet of paper on the original image and copying on it the lines of the original image. Synonyms: tracing.
- either of two lines that connect a horse's harness to a wagon or other vehicle or to a whiffletree.
- a visible mark (as a footprint) left by the passage of person or animal or vehicle.
- follow, discover, or ascertain the course of development of something; "We must follow closely the economic development is Cuba", "trace the student's progress". Synonyms: follow.
- make a mark or lines on a surface; "draw a line", "trace the outline of a figure in the sand". Synonyms: delineate, describe, draw, line.
- to go back over again; "we retraced the route we took last summer", "trace your path". Synonyms: retrace.
- pursue or chase relentlessly; "The hunters traced the deer into the woods", "the detectives hounded the suspect until they found him". Synonyms: hound, hunt.
- discover traces of; "She traced the circumstances of her birth".
- make one's course or travel along a path; travel or pass over, around, or along; "The children traced along the edge of the dark forest", "The women traced the pasture".
- copy by following the lines of the original drawing on a transparent sheet placed upon it; make a tracing of; "trace a design", "trace a pattern".
- read with difficulty; "Can you decipher this letter?", "The archeologist traced the hieroglyphs". Synonyms: decipher.
circumscribe, construct, ferret, footprint, inscribe, spark, write.
brace, grace, race, thrace, tracer, track, tract, tracy, trade, trance, trave, trice, truce.
ace, apace, base, bass, brace, case, chase, dace, debase, deface, disgrace, displace, efface, embrace, embrace, encase, erase, erase, face, glace.
Words made by unscrambling the letters trace plus one letter
carate, redact, carted, crated, traced, cerate, ecarte, create, rachet, racket, tacker, retack, claret, cartel, rectal, trance, canter, centra, nectar, tanrec, carnet, recant, recoat, coater, carpet, preact, carter, tracer, crater, recast, caster, cartes, crates, traces, caters, carets, reacts, curate, acuter.
Your query has returned 41 words, which include anagrams of trace as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in trace.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.