Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- tie is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 3 points
- tie is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 3 points
- tie is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 3 points
3 letter words by unscrambling tie
2 letter words by unscrambling tie
Definition of tie
- neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front; "he stood in front of the mirror tightening his necktie", "he wore a vest and tie". Synonyms: necktie.
- a social or business relationship; "a valuable financial affiliation", "he was sorry he had to sever his ties with other members of the team", "many close associations with England". Synonyms: affiliation, association, tie-up.
- equality of score in a contest.
- a horizontal beam used to prevent two other structural members from spreading apart or separating; "he nailed the rafters together with a tie beam". Synonyms: tie beam.
- a fastener that serves to join or connect; "the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction". Synonyms: link, linkup, tie-in.
- the finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided; "the game ended in a draw", "their record was 3 wins, 6 losses and a tie". Synonyms: draw, standoff.
- (music) a slur over two notes of the same pitch; indicates that the note is to be sustained for their combined time value.
- one of the cross braces that support the rails on a railway track; "the British call a railroad tie a sleeper". Synonyms: crosstie, railroad tie, sleeper.
- a cord (or string or ribbon or wire etc.) with which something is tied; "he needed a tie for the packages".
- fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord; "They tied their victim to the chair". Synonyms: bind. Antonyms: untie.
- finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.; "The teams drew a tie". Synonyms: draw.
- limit or restrict to; "I am tied to UNIX", "These big jets are tied to large airports".
- connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?", "Tie the ropes together", "Link arms". Synonyms: connect, link, link up. Antonyms: disconnect.
- form a knot or bow in; "tie a necktie".
- create social or emotional ties; "The grandparents want to bond with the child". Synonyms: attach, bind, bond.
- perform a marriage ceremony; "The minister married us on Saturday", "We were wed the following week", "The couple got spliced on Hawaii". Synonyms: marry, splice, wed.
- make by tying pieces together; "The fishermen tied their flies".
- unite musical notes by a tie.
attach, band, befriend, bola, bolo, bowtie, bridge, conjoin, cord, deuce, drawstring, fixate, gag, ground, hitch, interconnect, interdepend, interlink, join, knot, lace, lash, leash, loop, muzzle, nosepiece, retie, rope, solemnise, solemnize, stalemate, strap, string, tee, truss.
die, hie, ie, lie, pie, tce, te, tee, ti, tia, tib, tic, tide, tied, tier, tike, tile, time, tin, tine, tip, tire, tit, tiu, toe, vie.
ai, ai, ally, apply, awry, belie, bi, bligh, bonsai, brunei, buy, by, bye, chi, comply, cry, decry, defy, deny, descry.
Words made by unscrambling the letters tie plus one letter
bite, cite, etic, edit, tied, diet, dite, tide, gite, tike, kite, tile, lite, time, mite, emit, item, nite, tine, tire, tier, rite, site, ties, etui, wite, exit, yeti.
Your query has returned 4 words, which include anagrams of tie as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in tie.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.