Definition of advertise
- call attention to; "Please don't advertise the fact that he has AIDS". Synonyms: advertize, publicise, publicize.
- make publicity for; try to sell (a product); "The salesman is aggressively pushing the new computer model", "The company is heavily advertizing their new laptops". Synonyms: advertize, promote, push.
agitate, ballyhoo, bill, campaign, crusade, fight, headline, plug, press, propagandise, propagandize, push.
Words nearby advertise
advertised, advertiser, advertize.
Rhymes with advertise
actualize, aggrandize, agonize, alphabetize, aluminize, americanize, amortize, analyze, anglicize, antagonize, apologise, apologize, authorize, balkanize, brutalize, burglarize, cannibalize, canonize, capitalize, capsize.
Start with advertise
advertised, advertiser, advertises, advertisement, advertisers, advertisements.
End with advertise
More information about advertise
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- advertise is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 13 points
- advertise is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 13 points
- advertise is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 14 points