Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- sedate is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 7 points
- sedate is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 7 points
- sedate is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 7 points
6 letter words by unscrambling sedate
5 letter words by unscrambling sedate
4 letter words by unscrambling sedate
3 letter words by unscrambling sedate
2 letter words by unscrambling sedate
Definition of sedate
- characterized by dignity and propriety. Synonyms: staid.
- dignified and somber in manner or character and committed to keeping promises; "a grave God-fearing man", "a quiet sedate nature", "as sober as a judge", "a solemn promise", "the judge was solemn as he pronounced sentence". Synonyms: grave, sober, solemn.
- cause to be calm or quiet as by administering a sedative to; "The patient must be sedated before the operation". Synonyms: calm, tranquilize, tranquillise, tranquillize. Antonyms: stimulate.
hypnotise, hypnotize, mesmerise, mesmerize.
pedate, senate, sudate.
abate, ablate, actuate, ate, await, bait, bate, berate, chait, collate, commutate, conflate, conjugate, crate, create, date, debate, deflate, demodulate, desecrate.
Words made by unscrambling the letters sedate plus one letter
debates, bestead, sedated, steaded, deadest, feasted, deafest, defeats, headset, ideates, delates, steamed, standee, derates, redates, dearest, sedater, sedates, estated, sauteed, sweated, yeasted.
Your query has returned 59 words, which include anagrams of sedate as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in sedate.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.