Definition of see
- the seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located.
- perceive by sight or have the power to perceive by sight; "You have to be a good observer to see all the details", "Can you see the bird in that tree?", "He is blind--he cannot see".
- perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!", "I just can't see your point", "Does she realize how important this decision is?", "I don't understand the idea". Synonyms: realise, realize, understand.
- perceive or be contemporaneous with; "We found Republicans winning the offices", "You'll see a lot of cheating in this school", "The 1960's saw the rebellion of the younger generation against established traditions", "I want to see results". Synonyms: find, witness.
- imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!", "I can see what will happen", "I can see a risk in this strategy". Synonyms: envision, fancy, figure, image, picture, project, visualise, visualize.
- deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me", "I consider her to be shallow", "I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do". Synonyms: consider, reckon, regard, view.
- get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally; "I learned that she has two grown-up children", "I see that you have been promoted". Synonyms: discover, find out, get a line, get wind, get word, hear, learn, pick up.
- see or watch; "view a show on television", "This program will be seen all over the world", "view an exhibition", "Catch a show on Broadway", "see a movie". Synonyms: catch, take in, view, watch.
- come together; "I'll probably see you at the meeting", "How nice to see you again!". Synonyms: come across, encounter, meet, run across, run into.
- find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French", "See whether it works", "find out if he speaks Russian", "Check whether the train leaves on time". Synonyms: ascertain, check, determine, find out, learn, watch.
- be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed", "See that the curtains are closed", "control the quality of the product". Synonyms: ascertain, assure, check, control, ensure, insure, see to it.
- go to see for professional or business reasons; "You should see a lawyer", "We had to see a psychiatrist".
- go to see for a social visit; "I went to see my friend Mary the other day".
- go to see a place, as for entertainment; "We went to see the Eiffel Tower in the morning". Synonyms: visit.
- take charge of or deal with; "Could you see about lunch?", "I must attend to this matter", "She took care of this business". Synonyms: attend, look, take care.
- receive as a specified guest; "the doctor will see you now", "The minister doesn't see anybody before noon".
- date regularly; have a steady relationship with; "Did you know that she is seeing an older man?", "He is dating his former wife again!". Synonyms: date, go out, go steady.
- see and understand, have a good eye; "The artist must first learn to see".
- deliberate or decide; "See whether you can come tomorrow", "let's see--which movie should we see tonight?".
- observe as if with an eye; "The camera saw the burglary and recorded it".
- observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect; "The customs agent examined the baggage", "I must see your passport before you can enter the country". Synonyms: examine.
- go or live through; "We had many trials to go through", "he saw action in Viet Nam". Synonyms: experience, go through.
- accompany or escort; "I'll see you to the door". Synonyms: escort.
- match or meet; "I saw the bet of one of my fellow players".
- make sense of; assign a meaning to; "What message do you see in this letter?", "How do you interpret his behavior?". Synonyms: construe, interpret.
abstract, allegorise, allegorize, appreciate, ascertain, auscultate, autopsy, behold, call, candle, capitalise, capitalize, card, catch, check, cinch, come, consider, control, cover, cross, deem, discover, disesteem, disrespect, educe, elicit, endure, enjoy, esteem, evoke, expect, experience, extract, favor, favour, feel, find, glimpse, hold, idealise, idealize, identify, include, inspect, intersect, know, like, literalise, literalize, live, look, make, meet, minister, misapprehend, misconceive, misconstrue, misinterpret, misunderstand, mythicise, mythicize, perceive, peruse, preview, prise, prize, proof, proofread, rake, read, receive, reconsider, reify, reinterpret, relativise, relativize, respect, scan, scrutinise, scrutinize, search, skim, spectate, spiritualise, spiritualize, suffer, survey, take, tend, test, treasure, value, visualise, visualize, witness.
bee, ee, fee, gee, lee, nee, pee, sbe, se, sea, seb, sebe, sec, seed, seek, seel, seem, seep, seer, sen, sene, sep, sere, set, sew, sex, sle, sse, sue, tee, wee, zee.
ab, absentee, ac, acc, addressee, adhd, adoptee, ag, agee, agree, albee, amd, amputee, apc, appointee, asap, atp, attendee, av, b.
Your query has returned 2 words, which include anagrams of see as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in see.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.