Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- rise is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 4 points
- rise is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 4 points
- rise is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 4 points
4 letter words by unscrambling rise
3 letter words by unscrambling rise
2 letter words by unscrambling rise
Definition of rise
- a growth in strength or number or importance. Antonyms: fall.
- the act of changing location in an upward direction. Synonyms: ascending, ascension, ascent.
- an upward slope or grade (as in a road); "the car couldn't make it up the rise". Synonyms: acclivity, ascent, climb, raise, upgrade. Antonyms: descent.
- a movement upward; "they cheered the rise of the hot-air balloon". Synonyms: ascension, ascent, rising. Antonyms: fall.
- the amount a salary is increased; "he got a 3% raise", "he got a wage hike". Synonyms: hike, raise, salary increase, wage hike, wage increase.
- the property possessed by a slope or surface that rises. Synonyms: rising slope, upgrade.
- a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground. Synonyms: lift.
- (theology) the origination of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost; "the emanation of the Holy Spirit", "the rising of the Holy Ghost", "the doctrine of the procession of the Holy Spirit from the Father and the Son". Synonyms: emanation, procession.
- an increase in cost; "they asked for a 10% rise in rates". Synonyms: boost, cost increase, hike.
- increase in price or value; "the news caused a general advance on the stock market". Synonyms: advance.
- move upward; "The fog lifted", "The smoke arose from the forest fire", "The mist uprose from the meadows". Synonyms: arise, come up, go up, lift, move up, uprise. Antonyms: fall.
- increase in value or to a higher point; "prices climbed steeply", "the value of our house rose sharply last year". Synonyms: climb, go up.
- rise to one's feet; "The audience got up and applauded". Synonyms: arise, get up, stand up, uprise. Antonyms: lie down, sit down.
- rise up; "The building rose before them". Synonyms: lift, rear.
- come to the surface. Synonyms: come up, rise up, surface.
- come into existence; take on form or shape; "A new religious movement originated in that country", "a love that sprang up from friendship", "the idea for the book grew out of a short story", "An interesting phenomenon uprose". Synonyms: arise, develop, grow, originate, spring up, uprise.
- move to a better position in life or to a better job; "She ascended from a life of poverty to one of great. Synonyms: ascend, move up.
- go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered". Synonyms: climb, mount, wax. Antonyms: wane.
- become more extreme; "The tension heightened". Synonyms: heighten.
- get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day", "They rose early", "He uprose at night". Synonyms: arise, get up, turn out, uprise. Antonyms: go to bed, turn in.
- rise in rank or status; "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list". Synonyms: climb up, jump.
- become heartened or elated; "Her spirits rose when she heard the good news".
- exert oneself to meet a challenge; "rise to a challenge", "rise to the occasion".
- take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance. Synonyms: arise, rebel, rise up.
- increase in volume; "the dough rose slowly in the warm room". Synonyms: prove.
- come up, of celestial bodies; "The sun also rises", "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled...", "Jupiter ascends". Synonyms: ascend, come up, uprise. Antonyms: set.
- return from the dead; "Christ is risen!", "The dead are to uprise". Synonyms: resurrect, uprise.
advance, ascend, bubble, bull, chandelle, climb, climbing, come, elevation, emerge, follow, gain, head, heave, heaving, hulk, intumesce, jump, levitation, lift, liftoff, loom, mount, mounting, mutiny, predominate, raising, resurface, resurge, revolt, rocket, scend, skyrocket, soar, spike, steam, surge, swell, takeoff, tower, upheaval, uphill, uplift, uplifting, uprise, upthrow, upthrust, wave, well, zoom.
arise, bise, prise, raise, rase, rice, ride, rife, rile, rime, rinse, ripe, risc, risen, riser, risk, rite, rive, rose, ruse, sise, vise, wise.
advise, advise, allies, apprise, arise, baptize, bise, chastise, comprise, decriminalize, demise, despise, devise, disguise, eyes, flies, fries, guise, improvise, incise.
Words made by unscrambling the letters rise plus one letter
serai, arise, raise, ribes, bries, biers, birse, cries, cires, rices, sired, rides, dries, resid, siree, fries, reifs, serif, frise, fires, shire, shier, heirs, hires, siker, skier, kiers, keirs, slier, liers, riels, riles, mires, miser, emirs, rimes, siren, risen, resin, reins, and 29 more.
Your query has returned 17 words, which include anagrams of rise as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in rise.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.