Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- advance is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 13 points
- advance is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 13 points
- advance is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 16 points
7 letter words by unscrambling advance
5 letter words by unscrambling advance
4 letter words by unscrambling advance
3 letter words by unscrambling advance
2 letter words by unscrambling advance
Definition of advance
- being ahead of time or need; "gave advance warning", "was beforehand with her report". Synonyms: beforehand.
- situated ahead or going before; "an advance party", "at that time the most advanced outpost was still east of the Rockies". Synonyms: advanced, in advance.
- a movement forward; "he listened for the progress of the troops". Synonyms: progress, progression.
- a change for the better; progress in development. Synonyms: betterment, improvement.
- a tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others; "she rejected his advances". Synonyms: approach, feeler, overture.
- the act of moving forward (as toward a goal). Synonyms: advancement, forward motion, onward motion, procession, progress, progression. Antonyms: retreat.
- an amount paid before it is earned. Synonyms: cash advance.
- increase in price or value; "the news caused a general advance on the stock market". Synonyms: rise.
- move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; "Time marches on". Synonyms: go on, march on, move on, pass on, progress. Antonyms: recede.
- bring forward for consideration or acceptance; "advance an argument". Synonyms: throw out.
- increase or raise; "boost the voltage in an electrical circuit". Synonyms: boost, supercharge.
- contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom". Synonyms: boost, encourage, further, promote.
- cause to move forward; "Can you move the car seat forward?". Synonyms: bring forward. Antonyms: back.
- obtain advantages, such as points, etc.; "The home team was gaining ground", "After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference". Synonyms: gain, gain ground, get ahead, make headway, pull ahead, win. Antonyms: fall back.
- develop in a positive way; "He progressed well in school", "My plants are coming along", "Plans are shaping up". Synonyms: come along, come on, get along, get on, progress, shape up. Antonyms: regress.
- develop further; "We are advancing technology every day".
- give a promotion to or assign to a higher position; "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired", "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms", "I got promoted after many years of hard work". Synonyms: elevate, kick upstairs, promote, raise, upgrade. Antonyms: demote.
- pay in advance; "Can you advance me some money?".
- move forward; "we have to advance clocks and watches when we travel eastward". Synonyms: set ahead.
- rise in rate or price; "The stock market gained 24 points today". Synonyms: gain.
accommodation, adjustment, brevet, career, carry, climb, conduce, conservation, contribute, edge, elaboration, elapse, encroach, ennoble, entitle, favor, favour, feed, fitting, forge, foster, further, gentle, head, headway, help, hit, impinge, inch, infringe, lapse, lead, leapfrog, march, nose, overhaul, overtake, pass, penetrate, prefer, preservation, push, ratchet, recovery, refinement, resurgence, revitalisation, revitalization, revival, revivification, score, spur, steal, string, tally, tenure.
askance, chance, dance, enhance, expanse, finance, finance, france, glance, lance, nance, perchance, prance, refinance, romance, stance, trance.
Words made by unscrambling the letters advance plus one letter
advanced, valanced, advancer, canvased, advances.
Your query has returned 45 words, which include anagrams of advance as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in advance.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.