Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- prove is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 10 points
- prove is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 10 points
- prove is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 12 points
5 letter words by unscrambling prove
4 letter words by unscrambling prove
3 letter words by unscrambling prove
2 letter words by unscrambling prove
Definition of prove
- be shown or be found to be; "She proved to be right", "The medicine turned out to save her life", "She turned up HIV positive". Synonyms: turn out, turn up.
- establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound", "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture". Synonyms: demonstrate, establish, shew, show. Antonyms: disprove.
- provide evidence for; "The blood test showed that he was the father", "Her behavior testified to her incompetence". Synonyms: bear witness, evidence, show, testify.
- prove formally; demonstrate by a mathematical, formal proof.
- put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results", "Test this recipe". Synonyms: essay, examine, test, try, try out.
- increase in volume; "the dough rose slowly in the warm room". Synonyms: rise.
- cause to puff up with a leaven; "unleavened bread". Synonyms: leaven, raise.
- take a trial impression of.
- obtain probate of; "prove a will".
abduce, adduce, attest, certify, cite, contradict, control, demonstrate, ensue, evidence, float, manifest, negate, presume, result, stultify, verify.
drove, grove, poove, probe, prole, prone, prose, proved, proven, provo, rove, trove.
approve, behoove, disapprove, disprove, groove, improve, move, remove.
Words made by unscrambling the letters prove plus one letter
proved, plover, proven, prover, proves.
Your query has returned 21 words, which include anagrams of prove as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in prove.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.