Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- return is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 6 points
- return is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 6 points
- return is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 8 points
6 letter words by unscrambling return
5 letter words by unscrambling return
4 letter words by unscrambling return
3 letter words by unscrambling return
2 letter words by unscrambling return
Definition of return
- document giving the tax collector information about the taxpayer's tax liability; "his gross income was enough that he had to file a tax return". Synonyms: income tax return, tax return.
- a coming to or returning home; "on his return from Australia we gave him a welcoming party". Synonyms: homecoming.
- the occurrence of a change in direction back in the opposite direction. Synonyms: coming back.
- getting something back again; "upon the restitution of the book to its rightful owner the child was given a tongue lashing". Synonyms: regaining, restitution, restoration.
- the act of going back to a prior location; "they set out on their return to the base camp".
- the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property; "the average return was about 5%". Synonyms: issue, payoff, proceeds, take, takings, yield.
- happening again (especially at regular intervals); "the return of spring". Synonyms: recurrence.
- a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one); "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher". Synonyms: comeback, counter, rejoinder, replication, retort, riposte.
- the key on electric typewriters or computer keyboards that causes a carriage return and a line feed. Synonyms: return key.
- a reciprocal group action; "in return we gave them as good as we got". Synonyms: getting even, paying back.
- a tennis stroke that sends the ball back to the other player; "he won the point on a cross-court return".
- (American football) the act of running back the ball after a kickoff or punt or interception or fumble.
- the act of someone appearing again; "his reappearance as Hamlet has been long awaited". Synonyms: reappearance.
- go or come back to place, condition, or activity where one has been before; "return to your native land", "the professor returned to his teaching position after serving as Dean".
- give back; "render money". Synonyms: render.
- go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules". Synonyms: regress, retrovert, revert, turn back.
- go back to something earlier; "This harks back to a previous remark of his". Synonyms: come back, hark back, recall.
- bring back to the point of departure. Synonyms: bring back, take back.
- return in kind; "return a compliment", "return her love".
- make a return; "return a kickback".
- answer back. Synonyms: come back, rejoin, repay, retort, riposte.
- be restored; "Her old vigor returned". Synonyms: come back.
- pay back; "Please refund me my money". Synonyms: give back, refund, repay.
- pass down; "render a verdict", "deliver a judgment". Synonyms: deliver, render.
- elect again. Synonyms: reelect.
- be inherited by; "The estate fell to my sister", "The land returned to the family", "The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead". Synonyms: devolve, fall, pass.
- return to a previous position; in mathematics; "The point returned to the interior of the figure".
- give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk", "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn", "The estate renders some revenue for the family". Synonyms: generate, give, render, yield.
- submit (a report, etc.) to someone in authority; "submit a bill to a legislative body".
atavism, backhand, backtalk, backtrack, boomerang, bounce, chop, clawback, comeback, dink, drive, fall, flashback, forehand, get, home, lapse, light, lip, lob, mouth, overhead, payback, payment, recidivate, reciprocation, recover, recuperate, recur, redound, reentry, regress, reimburse, relapse, remand, rent, repatriation, requital, resile, restitute, restore, resubmit, resurrect, retaliation, retrace, retrogress, revenge, reversion, revisit, rise, sass, sassing, smash, throwback, trace, uprise, volley.
adjourn, bern, berne, burn, churn, concern, discern, earn, erne, fern, kern, learn, sauterne, spurn, stern, sterne, turn, unconcern, upturn, urn.
Words made by unscrambling the letters return plus one letter
current, grunter, runtier, turners, returns, nurture, untruer, turnery.
Your query has returned 33 words, which include anagrams of return as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in return.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.