Definition of accommodating
- helpful in bringing about a harmonious adaptation; "the warden was always accommodating in allowing visitors in", "made a special effort to be accommodating". Synonyms: accommodative. Antonyms: unaccommodating.
- obliging; willing to do favors; "made a special effort to be accommodating".
- be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs". Synonyms: accommodate, fit, suit.
- make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose; "Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country". Synonyms: accommodate, adapt.
- provide with something desired or needed; "Can you accommodate me with a rental car?". Synonyms: accommodate.
- have room for; hold without crowding; "This hotel can accommodate 250 guests", "The theater admits 300 people", "The auditorium can't hold more than 500 people". Synonyms: accommodate, admit, hold.
- provide housing for; "We are lodging three foreign students this semester". Synonyms: accommodate, lodge.
- provide a service or favor for someone; "We had to oblige him". Synonyms: accommodate, oblige. Antonyms: disoblige.
- make (one thing) compatible with (another); "The scientists had to accommodate the new results with the existing theories". Synonyms: accommodate, conciliate, reconcile.
adjust, anglicise, anglicize, barrack, billet, canton, cultivate, domesticate, electrify, fit, gear, house, keep, naturalise, naturalize, orient, pitch, quarter, seat, shoehorn, sleep, tailor, tame, transcribe, wire.
Rhymes with accommodating
activating, aggravating, agitating, alienating, alternating, annihilating, annotating, asphyxiating, assimilating, calculating, captivating, circulating, commemorating, communicating, contaminating, coordinating, debilitating, delegating, denigrating, deprecating.
Start with accommodating
End with accommodating