Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- string is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 7 points
- string is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 7 points
- string is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 9 points
6 letter words by unscrambling string
5 letter words by unscrambling string
4 letter words by unscrambling string
3 letter words by unscrambling string
2 letter words by unscrambling string
Definition of string
- a lightweight cord. Synonyms: twine.
- stringed instruments that are played with a bow; "the strings played superlatively well". Synonyms: bowed stringed instrument.
- a tightly stretched cord of wire or gut, which makes sound when plucked, struck, or bowed.
- a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding; "a string of islands", "train of mourners", "a train of thought". Synonyms: train.
- a linear sequence of symbols (characters or words or phrases).
- a tie consisting of a cord that goes through a seam around an opening; "he pulled the drawstring and closed the bag". Synonyms: drawing string, drawstring.
- a tough piece of fiber in vegetables, meat, or other food (especially the tough fibers connecting the two halves of a bean pod).
- (cosmology) a hypothetical one-dimensional subatomic particle having a concentration of energy and the dynamic properties of a flexible loop. Synonyms: cosmic string.
- a collection of objects threaded on a single strand.
- a necklace made by a stringing objects together; "a string of beads", "a strand of pearls". Synonyms: chain, strand.
- thread on or as if on a string; "string pearls on a string", "the child drew glass beads on a string", "thread dried cranberries". Synonyms: draw, thread.
- add as if on a string; "string these ideas together", "string up these songs and you'll have a musical". Synonyms: string up.
- move or come along. Synonyms: string along.
- stretch out or arrange like a string.
- string together; tie or fasten with a string; "string the package".
- remove the stringy parts of; "string beans".
- provide with strings; "string my guitar". Antonyms: unstring.
bead, beads, cello, contrabass, extension, fiddle, packthread, snapline, snare, substring, viol, viola, violin, violoncello, wire.
spring, staring, sting, strings, stringy, strong, strung.
beijing, bring, chongqing, cling, ding, fling, king, ling, ming, ng, peking, ping, qing, ring, sing, sling, spring, spring, sting, swing.
Words made by unscrambling the letters string plus one letter
gastrin, gratins, staring, ratings, stinger, resting, trigons, storing, sorting, strings, rusting, stringy.
Your query has returned 46 words, which include anagrams of string as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in string.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.