Definition of transport
- something that serves as a means of transportation. Synonyms: conveyance.
- an exchange of molecules (and their kinetic energy and momentum) across the boundary between adjacent layers of a fluid or across cell membranes.
- the commercial enterprise of moving goods and materials. Synonyms: shipping, transportation.
- a state of being carried away by overwhelming emotion; - Charles Dickens; "listening to sweet music in a perfect rapture". Synonyms: ecstasy, exaltation, rapture, raptus.
- a mechanism that transports magnetic tape across the read/write heads of a tape playback/recorder. Synonyms: tape drive, tape transport.
- the act of moving something from one location to another. Synonyms: conveyance, transfer, transferral, transportation.
- move something or somebody around; usually over long distances.
- move while supporting, either in a vehicle or in one's hands or on one's body; "You must carry your camping gear", "carry the suitcases to the car", "This train is carrying nuclear waste", "These pipes carry waste water into the river". Synonyms: carry.
- hold spellbound. Synonyms: delight, enchant, enrapture, enthral, enthrall, ravish. Antonyms: disenchant.
- transport commercially. Synonyms: send, ship.
- send from one person or place to another; "transmit a message". Synonyms: channel, channelise, channelize, transfer, transmit.
advect, airlift, barge, bear, bring, bringing, bucket, bus, carry, cart, chariot, connection, connexion, convey, delivery, despatch, dispatch, dolly, drive, express, expressage, ferry, ferrying, fetch, float, fly, forward, freight, freightage, get, haul, hauling, horsebox, lift, lighter, lighterage, litter, lug, mail, navigation, pack, pipe, port, porter, project, propagate, raft, rail, railroad, release, relocation, resettlement, return, ropeway, send, shipping, shoulder, sidecar, sledge, sluice, take, teleport, teleportation, telfer, telpher, tote, trailer, tram, tramway, translate, transshipment, truck, truckage, trucking, tug, turn, vehicle, wheel, wheelbarrow.
Rhymes with transport
abort, assort, athwart, cavort, comport, consort, contort, court, ct, deport, distort, escort, exhort, extort, fort, forte, import, port, porte, purport.
Start with transport
transportations, transported, transporter, transportable, transports, transporting, transportation, transporters.
End with transport