Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- fly is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 9 points
- fly is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 9 points
- fly is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 9 points
3 letter words by unscrambling fly
Definition of fly
- (British informal) not to be deceived or hoodwinked.
- two-winged insects characterized by active flight.
- flap consisting of a piece of canvas that can be drawn back to provide entrance to a tent. Synonyms: fly sheet, rainfly, tent flap, tent-fly.
- an opening in a garment that is closed by a zipper or by buttons concealed under a fold of cloth. Synonyms: fly front.
- (baseball) a hit that flies up in the air. Synonyms: fly ball.
- fisherman's lure consisting of a fishhook decorated to look like an insect.
- travel through the air; be airborne; "Man cannot fly". Synonyms: wing.
- move quickly or suddenly; "He flew about the place".
- operate an airplane; "The pilot flew to Cuba". Synonyms: aviate, pilot.
- transport by aeroplane; "We fly flowers from the Caribbean to North America".
- cause to fly or float; "fly a kite".
- be dispersed or disseminated; "Rumors and accusations are flying".
- change quickly from one emotional state to another; "fly into a rage".
- pass away rapidly; "Time flies like an arrow", "Time fleeing beneath him". Synonyms: fell, vanish.
- travel in an airplane; "she is flying to Cincinnati tonight", "Are we driving or flying?".
- display in the air or cause to float; "fly a kite", "All nations fly their flags in front of the U.N.".
- run away quickly; "He threw down his gun and fled". Synonyms: flee, take flight.
- travel over (an area of land or sea) in an aircraft; "Lindbergh was the first to fly the Atlantic".
- hit a fly.
- decrease rapidly and disappear; "the money vanished in las Vegas", "all my stock assets have vaporized". Synonyms: vanish, vaporize.
abscond, absquatulate, airlift, balloon, blast, blowfly, bolt, break, buzz, decamp, defect, desert, elope, escape, flare, flight, gadfly, glide, glossina, hedgehop, housefly, hover, hydroplane, jet, kite, lift, liner, rack, seaplane, soar, solo, stampede, tsetse, tzetze.
fay, fey, fl, flay, flu, fry, ply, sly.
ai, ai, ally, apply, awry, belie, bi, bligh, bonsai, brunei, buy, by, bye, chi, comply, cry, decry, defy, deny, descry.
Words made by unscrambling the letters fly plus one letter
Your query has returned 1 words, which include anagrams of fly as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in fly.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.