Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- tap is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 5 points
- tap is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 5 points
- tap is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 6 points
3 letter words by unscrambling tap
2 letter words by unscrambling tap
Definition of tap
- the sound made by a gentle blow. Synonyms: pat, rap.
- a gentle blow. Synonyms: rap, strike.
- a faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask. Synonyms: hydrant, water faucet, water tap.
- a small metal plate that attaches to the toe or heel of a shoe (as in tap dancing).
- a tool for cutting female (internal) screw threads.
- a plug for a bunghole in a cask. Synonyms: spigot.
- the act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information. Synonyms: wiretap.
- a light touch or stroke. Synonyms: dab, pat.
- cut a female screw thread with a tap.
- draw from or dip into to get something; "tap one's memory", "tap a source of money".
- strike lightly; "He tapped me on the shoulder". Synonyms: tip.
- draw from; make good use of; "we must exploit the resources we are given wisely". Synonyms: exploit.
- tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information; "The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy", "Is this hotel room bugged?". Synonyms: bug, intercept, wiretap.
- furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it; "tap a cask of wine".
- make light, repeated taps on a surface; "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently". Synonyms: knock, pink, rap.
- walk with a tapping sound.
- dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes; "Glover tapdances better than anybody". Synonyms: tapdance.
- draw (liquor) from a tap; "tap beer in a bar".
- pierce in order to draw a liquid from; "tap a maple tree for its syrup", "tap a keg of beer".
- make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently; "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce", "My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities". Synonyms: beg, solicit.
buttonhole, canvas, canvass, commercialize, harness, lobby, maximise, maximize, milk, mine, overexploit, percuss, quarry, quest.
bap, cap, gap, hap, jap, lap, map, nap, pap, rap, sap, ta, tab, tad, tag, tai, tam, tamp, tan, tao, tapa, tape, taps, tar, tarp, tat, tau, taw, tax, tay, tcp, tip, top, trap, tup, yap, zap.
cap, chap, clap, crap, entrap, flap, frap, gap, hap, jap, lap, lapp, map, nap, pap, rap, recap, sap, scrap, slap.
Words made by unscrambling the letters tap plus one letter
tapa, atap, pact, tape, tepa, peat, pate, phat, path, pita, plat, tamp, pant, atop, tarp, prat, part, trap, rapt, taps, spat, past, pats, paty.
Your query has returned 6 words, which include anagrams of tap as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in tap.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.