Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- obscure is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 11 points
- obscure is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 11 points
- obscure is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 14 points
7 letter words by unscrambling obscure
6 letter words by unscrambling obscure
5 letter words by unscrambling obscure
4 letter words by unscrambling obscure
3 letter words by unscrambling obscure
2 letter words by unscrambling obscure
Definition of obscure
- not clearly understood or expressed; ; -Anatole Broyard; - P.A.Sorokin; - John Locke; "an obscure turn of phrase", "an impulse to go off and fight certain obscure battles of his own spirit", "their descriptions of human behavior become vague, dull, and unclear", "vague...forms of speech...have so long passed for mysteries of science". Synonyms: vague.
- marked by difficulty of style or expression; "much that was dark is now quite clear to me", "those who do not appreciate Kafka's work say his style is obscure". Synonyms: dark.
- difficult to find; "hidden valleys", "a hidden cave", "an obscure retreat". Synonyms: hidden.
- not famous or acclaimed; "an obscure family", "unsung heroes of the war". Synonyms: unknown, unsung.
- not drawing attention; "an unnoticeable cigarette burn on the carpet", "an obscure flaw". Synonyms: unnoticeable.
- remote and separate physically or socially; ; - W.H.Hudson; "existed over the centuries as a world apart", "preserved because they inhabited a place apart", "tiny isolated villages remote from centers of civilization", "an obscure village". Synonyms: apart, isolated.
- make less visible or unclear; "The stars are obscured by the clouds", "the big elm tree obscures our view of the valley". Synonyms: becloud, befog, cloud, fog, haze over, mist, obnubilate.
- make unclear, indistinct, or blurred; "Her remarks confused the debate", "Their words obnubilate their intentions". Synonyms: blur, confuse, obnubilate.
- make obscure or unclear; "The distinction was obscured". Synonyms: bedim, overcloud.
- reduce a vowel to a neutral one, such as a schwa.
- make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message", "a veiled threat". Synonyms: blot out, hide, obliterate, veil.
muddy, mystify, overshadow.
allure, assure, boor, brochure, couture, cure, demure, detour, endure, endure, ensure, ensure, entrepreneur, immature, impure, insure, inure, lure, manure, mature.
Words made by unscrambling the letters obscure plus one letter
obscured, roebucks, bouncers, obscurer, obscures, bescours.
Your query has returned 124 words, which include anagrams of obscure as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in obscure.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.