Definition of tree
- a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown; includes both gymnosperms and angiosperms.
- a figure that branches from a single root; "genealogical tree". Synonyms: tree diagram.
- English actor and theatrical producer noted for his lavish productions of Shakespeare (1853-1917). Synonyms: Sir Herbert Beerbohm Tree, Tree.
- force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape. Synonyms: corner.
- plant with trees; "this lot should be treed so that the house will be shaded in summer".
- chase an animal up a tree; "the hunters treed the bear with dogs and killed it", "her dog likes to tree squirrels".
- stretch (a shoe) on a shoetree. Synonyms: shoetree.
aalii, acacia, albizia, albizzia, alder, amboyna, andelmin, angelim, arbor, arere, arishth, ash, azedarach, azederach, balata, basswood, bayberry, beech, beefwood, birch, blackwood, bonduc, bonsai, brazilwood, breakax, breakaxe, calaba, calabash, calabura, camachile, camwood, caracolito, cassia, casuarina, chaulmoogra, chaulmugra, chestnut, chicot, chinaberry, chinchona, cinchona, cladogram, clusia, cockspur, cocobolo, coffee, conacaste, conessi, coralwood, dagame, dak, devilwood, dhak, dhava, dhawa, dipterocarp, dita, ebony, elm, erythrina, frijolillo, frijolito, gliricidia, granadillo, guama, gum, hackberry, hazel, hornbeam, houhere, huamachil, idesia, inga, ironwood, ketembilla, keurboom, kiaat, kingwood, kino, kitambilla, kitembilla, kowhai, kurchee, kurchi, lacebark, lancewood, langsat, langset, laurelwood, lemonwood, lepidobotrys, lime, linden, locust, mahogany, mammee, marblewood, margosa, mayeng, medlar, millettia, molle, msasa, nakedwood, neem, oak, obeche, obechi, opepe, padauk, padouk, palas, palm, pandanus, peachwood, platan, pollard, poon, princewood, puka, quandang, quandong, quira, ribbonwood, rosewood, samba, sapling, sapote, satinwood, silkwood, simal, sisham, sissoo, sissu, snag, soapberry, souari, stemma, sycamore, teak, tipu, treelet, trifoliata, turreae, willow, yellowwood, zebrawood.
Words nearby tree
cree, free, tee, three, treed, tref, trek, trey, true, twee.
Rhymes with tree
ab, absentee, ac, acc, addressee, adhd, adoptee, ag, agee, agree, albee, amd, amputee, apc, appointee, asap, atp, attendee, av, b.
Start with tree
treehouses, treenail, treenware, treenwares, trees, treelike, treen, treelawn, treelawns, treeing, treetop, treenails, treed, treehopper, treehouse, treens, treeless, treehoppers, treetops.
End with tree
swingletree, singletree, peppertree, whiffletree, shoetree, crosstree, saddletree, whippletree, entree, rooftree, axletree, bourtree, gumtree.