Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- free is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 7 points
- free is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 7 points
- free is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 7 points
4 letter words by unscrambling free
3 letter words by unscrambling free
2 letter words by unscrambling free
Definition of free
- able to act at will; not hampered; not under compulsion or restraint; "free enterprise", "a free port", "a free country", "I have an hour free", "free will", "free of racism", "feel free to stay as long as you wish", "a free choice". Antonyms: unfree.
- unconstrained or not chemically bound in a molecule or not fixed and capable of relatively unrestricted motion; "free expansion", "free oxygen", "a free electron". Antonyms: bound.
- costing nothing; "complimentary tickets", "free admission". Synonyms: complimentary, costless, gratis, gratuitous.
- not occupied or in use; "a free locker", "a free lane".
- not fixed in position; "the detached shutter fell on him", "he pulled his arm free and ran". Synonyms: detached.
- not held in servitude; "after the Civil War he was a free man". Antonyms: unfree.
- not taken up by scheduled activities; "a free hour between classes", "spare time on my hands". Synonyms: spare.
- completely wanting or lacking; "writing barren of insight", "young recruits destitute of experience", "innocent of literary merit", "the sentence was devoid of meaning". Synonyms: barren, destitute, devoid, innocent.
- not literal; "a loose interpretation of what she had been told", "a free translation of the poem". Synonyms: liberal, loose.
- without restraint; "cows in India are running loose". Synonyms: loose.
- people who are free; "the home of the free and the brave". Synonyms: free people.
- grant freedom to; free from confinement. Synonyms: liberate, loose, release, unloose, unloosen. Antonyms: confine.
- relieve from; "Rid the house of pests". Synonyms: disembarrass, rid.
- remove or force out from a position; "The dentist dislodged the piece of food that had been stuck under my gums", "He finally could free the legs of the earthquake victim who was buried in the rubble". Synonyms: dislodge. Antonyms: lodge.
- grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to; "She exempted me from the exam". Synonyms: exempt, relieve. Antonyms: enforce.
- make (information) available for publication; "release the list with the names of the prisoners". Synonyms: release.
- free from obligations or duties. Synonyms: discharge.
- free or remove obstruction from; "free a path across the cluttered floor". Synonyms: disengage. Antonyms: obstruct.
- let off the hook; "I absolve you from this responsibility". Synonyms: absolve, justify. Antonyms: blame.
- part with a possession or right; "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest", "resign a claim to the throne". Synonyms: give up, release, relinquish, resign.
- release (gas or energy) as a result of a chemical reaction or physical decomposition. Synonyms: liberate, release.
- make (assets) available; "release the holdings in the dictator's bank account". Synonyms: release, unblock, unfreeze. Antonyms: block, freeze.
bail, cashier, cleanse, clear, cut, declassify, deregulate, derequisition, derestrict, disembody, disembroil, disencumber, disentangle, disinfest, disinvest, disinvolve, dispense, divest, excuse, exempt, extricate, forgive, give, liberate, parole, relieve, run, sacrifice, smooth, spare, unchain, unclog, unspell, unstuff, untangle.
cree, fee, flee, fret, frey, frye, tree.
ab, absentee, ac, acc, addressee, adhd, adoptee, ag, agee, agree, albee, amd, amputee, apc, appointee, asap, atp, attendee, av, b.
Words made by unscrambling the letters free plus one letter
freed, refed, defer, refel, fleer, freer, refer, frere, reefs, frees, feres, fever, fewer, reefy, feyer.
Your query has returned 12 words, which include anagrams of free as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in free.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.