Definition of transfer
- the act of moving something from one location to another. Synonyms: conveyance, transferral, transport, transportation.
- someone who transfers or is transferred from one position to another; "the best student was a transfer from LSU". Synonyms: transferee.
- the act of transfering something from one form to another; "the transfer of the music from record to tape suppressed much of the background noise". Synonyms: transference.
- a ticket that allows a passenger to change conveyances.
- application of a skill learned in one situation to a different but similar situation. Synonyms: carry-over, transfer of training.
- transferring ownership. Synonyms: transference.
- transfer somebody to a different position or location of work. Synonyms: reassign.
- move from one place to another; "transfer the data", "transmit the news", "transfer the patient to another hospital".
- lift and reset in another soil or situation; "Transplant the young rice plants". Synonyms: transplant.
- move around; "transfer the packet from his trouser pockets to a pocket in his jacket". Synonyms: shift.
- cause to change ownership; "I transferred my stock holdings to my children".
- change from one vehicle or transportation line to another; "She changed in Chicago on her way to the East coast". Synonyms: change.
- send from one person or place to another; "transmit a message". Synonyms: channel, channelise, channelize, transmit, transport.
- shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes; "He removed his children to the countryside", "Remove the troops to the forest surrounding the city", "remove a case to another court". Synonyms: remove.
- transfer from one place or period to another; "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America". Synonyms: transplant, transpose.
airlift, alien, alienate, alienation, assign, bring, bringing, bunker, carry, change, charge, commit, communicate, connection, connexion, convey, conveyance, conveyancing, conveying, delivery, demise, desacralize, distribute, download, drive, exchange, export, fetch, generalisation, generalization, get, give, hand, import, interchange, lift, lighterage, load, mail, negociate, offload, offset, pass, post, project, propagate, quitclaim, reach, release, relocation, remove, resettlement, second, secularisation, secularization, secularize, send, shuffle, shunt, spool, teleportation, translate, translocate, transmit, transpose, transship, transshipment, turn, upload.
Rhymes with transfer
birr, blur, bur, burr, chauffeur, concur, confer, connoisseur, cur, defer, demur, deter, entrepreneur, err, fir, fur, incur, infer, inter, liqueur.
Start with transfer
transferred, transferal, transferences, transferor, transferential, transferee, transferrer, transferees, transfers, transferals, transferrin, transferrable, transferrins, transference, transferors, transferases, transferase, transferability, transferable, transferrers, transferring.
End with transfer