Definition of accommodation
- making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances. Synonyms: adjustment, fitting.
- a settlement of differences; "they reached an accommodation with Japan".
- in the theories of Jean Piaget: the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of reality.
- living quarters provided for public convenience; "overnight accommodations are available".
- the act of providing something (lodging or seat or food) to meet a need.
- (physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the natural lens of the eye.
compromise, domestication, habituation, readjustment, service, shakedown, stabling, steerage.
Rhymes with accommodation
abbreviation, abdication, aberration, ablation, abnegation, abomination, abrogation, acceleration, acclamation, acclimation, accreditation, accumulation, accusation, accusation, acidification, activation, adaptation, adjudication, administration, admiration.
Start with accommodation
More information about accommodation
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- accommodation is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 22 points
- accommodation is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 22 points
- accommodation is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 27 points