Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- cross is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 7 points
- cross is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 7 points
- cross is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 8 points
5 letter words by unscrambling cross
4 letter words by unscrambling cross
3 letter words by unscrambling cross
2 letter words by unscrambling cross
Definition of cross
- extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis; "cross members should be all steel", "from the transverse hall the stairway ascends gracefully", "transversal vibrations", "transverse colon". Synonyms: thwartwise, transversal, transverse.
- annoyed and irritable. Synonyms: bad-tempered, crabbed, crabby, fussy, grouchy, grumpy, ill-tempered.
- a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece.
- a marking that consists of lines that cross each other. Synonyms: crisscross, mark.
- a representation of the structure on which Jesus was crucified; used as an emblem of Christianity or in heraldry. Synonyms: Cross.
- any affliction that causes great suffering; "that is his cross to bear", "he bears his afflictions like a crown of thorns". Synonyms: crown of thorns.
- (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock; especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species; "a mule is a cross between a horse and a donkey". Synonyms: crossbreed, hybrid.
- (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids. Synonyms: crossbreeding, crossing, hybridisation, hybridization, hybridizing, interbreeding.
- travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day". Synonyms: cover, cut across, cut through, get across, get over, pass over, track, traverse.
- meet at a point. Synonyms: intersect.
- hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge", "foil your opponent". Synonyms: baffle, bilk, foil, frustrate, queer, scotch, spoil, thwart.
- fold so as to resemble a cross; "she crossed her legs". Antonyms: uncross.
- to cover or extend over an area or time period; ,; "Rivers traverse the valley floor", "The parking lot spans 3 acres", "The novel spans three centuries". Synonyms: span, sweep, traverse.
- meet and pass; "the trains crossed".
- trace a line through or across; "cross your `t'".
- breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties; "cross a horse and a donkey", "Mendel tried crossbreeding", "these species do not interbreed". Synonyms: crossbreed, hybridise, hybridize, interbreed.
backcross, bridge, course, crisscross, crucifix, dash, decussate, dihybrid, disappoint, drive, ford, hop, jaywalk, monohybrid, reciprocal, rood, ruin, saltire, stride, take, testcross, tramp, walk.
across, coss, crass, cress, crosse, dross, gross, ross.
across, boss, cos, coss, dos, doss, dross, emboss, gloss, joss, lacrosse, loss, moss, ross, sauce, toss.
Words made by unscrambling the letters cross plus one letter
across, scrods, scores, corses, crosse, scorns, scours.
Your query has returned 14 words, which include anagrams of cross as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in cross.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.