Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- try is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 6 points
- try is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 6 points
- try is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 5 points
3 letter words by unscrambling try
Definition of try
- earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something; "made an effort to cover all the reading material", "wished him luck in his endeavor", "she gave it a good try". Synonyms: attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour.
- make an effort or attempt; "He tried to shake off his fears", "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps", "The police attempted to stop the thief", "He sought to improve himself", "She always seeks to do good in the world". Synonyms: assay, attempt, essay, seek.
- put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results", "Test this recipe". Synonyms: essay, examine, prove, test, try out.
- put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of; "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife", "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials". Synonyms: adjudicate, judge.
- take a sample of; "Try these new crackers", "Sample the regional dishes". Synonyms: sample, taste, try out.
- examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process; "The jury had heard all the evidence", "The case will be tried in California". Synonyms: hear.
- give pain or trouble to; "I've been sorely tried by these students".
- test the limits of; "You are trying my patience!". Synonyms: strain, stress.
- melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities; "try the yak butter", "render fat in a casserole". Synonyms: render.
- put on a garment in order to see whether it fits and looks nice; "Try on this sweater to see how it looks". Synonyms: try on.
adventure, batting, battle, best, bid, chance, contribution, control, crack, degust, endeavor, endeavour, essay, fight, fling, float, foray, gamble, go, grope, hazard, liberation, nisus, offer, pains, part, pass, play, rack, rehear, retry, risk, run, seeking, share, shot, squeeze, stab, strain, strive, striving, struggle, test, trial, verify, whirl, worst.
cry, dry, fry, pry, tay, tory, toy, tray, trey, trf, trh, trm, troy, wry.
ai, ai, ally, apply, awry, belie, bi, bligh, bonsai, brunei, buy, by, bye, chi, comply, cry, decry, defy, deny, descry.
Words made by unscrambling the letters try plus one letter
tray, arty, trey, tyre, tyer, tyro, troy, tory, ryot, yurt.
Your query has returned 1 words, which include anagrams of try as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in try.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.