Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- stress is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 6 points
- stress is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 6 points
- stress is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 6 points
6 letter words by unscrambling stress
5 letter words by unscrambling stress
4 letter words by unscrambling stress
3 letter words by unscrambling stress
2 letter words by unscrambling stress
Definition of stress
- the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch); "he put the stress on the wrong syllable". Synonyms: accent, emphasis.
- (psychology) a state of mental or emotional strain or suspense; "he suffered from fatigue and emotional tension", "stress is a vasoconstrictor". Synonyms: tenseness, tension.
- special emphasis attached to something; "the stress was more on accuracy than on speed". Synonyms: focus.
- difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension; ; - R.J.Samuelson; "she endured the stresses and strains of life", "he presided over the economy during the period of the greatest stress and danger". Synonyms: strain.
- (physics) force that produces strain on a physical body; "the intensity of stress is expressed in units of force divided by units of area".
- to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet". Synonyms: accent, accentuate, emphasise, emphasize, punctuate.
- put stress on; utter with an accent; "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word". Synonyms: accent, accentuate.
- test the limits of; "You are trying my patience!". Synonyms: strain, try.
accentuation, background, downplay, emphasise, emphasize, rack, tension, topicalize, underline, underscore, yips.
abs, acquiesce, address, aggress, assess, bless, bs, caress, chess, coalesce, compress, confess, convalesce, cps, cress, depress, des, digress, dispossess, distress.
Words made by unscrambling the letters stress plus one letter
trasses, asserts, tresses, sisters, resists, tossers, russets, tussers, trusses.
Your query has returned 19 words, which include anagrams of stress as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in stress.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.