Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- spare is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 7 points
- spare is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 7 points
- spare is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 8 points
5 letter words by unscrambling spare
4 letter words by unscrambling spare
3 letter words by unscrambling spare
2 letter words by unscrambling spare
Definition of spare
- thin and fit; "the spare figure of a marathon runner", "a body kept trim by exercise". Synonyms: trim.
- more than is needed, desired, or required; "trying to lose excess weight", "found some extra change lying on the dresser", "yet another book on heraldry might be thought redundant", "skills made redundant by technological advance", "sleeping in the spare room", "supernumerary ornamentation", "it was supererogatory of her to gloat", "delete superfluous (or unnecessary) words", "extra ribs as well as other supernumerary internal parts", "surplus cheese distributed to the needy". Synonyms: excess, extra, redundant, supererogatory, superfluous, supernumerary, surplus.
- not taken up by scheduled activities; "a free hour between classes", "spare time on my hands". Synonyms: free.
- kept in reserve especially for emergency use; "a reserve supply of food", "a spare tire", "spare parts".
- lacking in amplitude or quantity; "a bare livelihood", "a scanty harvest", "a spare diet". Synonyms: bare, scanty.
- lacking embellishment or ornamentation; "a plain hair style", "unembellished white walls", "functional architecture featuring stark unornamented concrete". Synonyms: bare, plain, unembellished, unornamented.
- an extra component of a machine or other apparatus. Synonyms: spare part.
- an extra car wheel and tire for a four-wheel vehicle. Synonyms: fifth wheel.
- a score in tenpins; knocking down all ten after rolling two balls.
- refrain from harming. Synonyms: save.
- save or relieve from an experience or action; "I'll spare you from having to apologize formally".
- give up what is not strictly needed; "he asked if they could spare one of their horses to speed his journey". Synonyms: dispense with, give up, part with.
- use frugally or carefully.
pare, scare, share, snare, space, spade, spar, sparer, sparge, spark, sparse, spate, spire, spore, stare.
affair, air, altair, astaire, aware, bare, bear, beware, billionaire, blair, blare, care, chair, compare, concessionaire, dare, debonair, declare, despair, disrepair.
Words made by unscrambling the letters spare plus one letter
sarape, arepas, secpar, escarp, pacers, parsec, spacer, scrape, recaps, crapes, capers, spader, drapes, rasped, parsed, spared, spread, padres, serape, sparge, parges, pagers, gapers, gasper, grapes, phrase, shaper, sherpa, seraph, raphes, spirea, praise, paries, aspire, jasper, japers, lapser, parles, pearls, remaps, and 32 more.
Your query has returned 63 words, which include anagrams of spare as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in spare.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.