Definition of add
- a condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders. Synonyms: ADD, ADHD, MBD, attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, hyperkinetic syndrome, minimal brain damage, minimal brain dysfunction.
- make an addition (to); join or combine or unite with others; increase the quality, quantity, size or scope of; "We added two students to that dorm room", "She added a personal note to her letter", "Add insult to injury", "Add some extra plates to the dinner table". Antonyms: take away.
- state or say further; "`It doesn't matter,' he supplied". Synonyms: append, supply.
- bestow a quality on; "Her presence lends a certain cachet to the company", "The music added a lot to the play", "She brings a special atmosphere to our meetings", "This adds a light note to the program". Synonyms: bestow, bring, contribute, impart, lend.
- make an addition by combining numbers; "Add 27 and 49, please!". Synonyms: add together. Antonyms: subtract.
- determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town". Synonyms: add together, add up, sum, sum up, summate, tally, tot, tot up, total, tote up.
- constitute an addition; "This paper will add to her reputation".
adjoin, button, butylate, combine, compound, concatenate, enrich, factor, foot, fortify, include, inject, insert, instill, intercalate, mark, milk, mix, modify, punctuate, qualify, string, stud, supplement, tinsel, transfuse, welt.
Words nearby add
ad, ada, adad, ade, adh, adhd, ado, adp, adz, aid, amd, dd, edd, odd.
Rhymes with add
ad, bad, brad, cad, chad, clad, dad, fad, gad, glad, grad, lad, mad, mossad, nad, pad, plaid, rad, riyadh, sad.
Start with add
addaxes, additives, addendum, adduced, addressable, addling, addressee, addressability, addressers, adduce, addles, addenda, addends, additivities, addressees, addicted, adducer, additively, addiction, adduction, additionally, additory, additional, adding, adducted, adducent, addled, added, addlepated, adduces, adducers, adducing, adduct, adder, addle, addedly, adducts, addax, addresser, additions, and 27 more.
End with add
outadd, readd, superadd, misadd.