Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- fortify is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 16 points
- fortify is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 16 points
- fortify is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 15 points
7 letter words by unscrambling fortify
5 letter words by unscrambling fortify
4 letter words by unscrambling fortify
3 letter words by unscrambling fortify
2 letter words by unscrambling fortify
Definition of fortify
- make strong or stronger; "This exercise will strengthen your upper body", "strengthen the relations between the two countries". Synonyms: beef up, strengthen. Antonyms: weaken.
- enclose by or as if by a fortification. Synonyms: fort.
- prepare oneself for a military confrontation; "The U.S. is girding for a conflict in the Middle East", "troops are building up on the Iraqi border". Synonyms: arm, build up, gird. Antonyms: disarm.
- add nutrients to; "fortified milk".
- add alcohol to (beverages); "the punch is spiked!". Synonyms: lace, spike.
batten, brace, buttress, confirm, embattle, forearm, rearm, reenforce, reinforce, restrengthen, ruggedise, ruggedize, secure, stabilise, stabilize, steady, substantiate, trench, undergird, vitalise, vitalize.
acidify, alibi, alkali, amplify, anti, beatify, beautify, botfly, buckeye, butterfly, calcify, certify, chennai, clarify, classify, codify, crucify, decertify, declassify, deify.
Your query has returned 44 words, which include anagrams of fortify as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in fortify.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.