Definition of absent
- not being in a specified place. Antonyms: present.
- nonexistent; "the thumb is absent", "her appetite was lacking". Synonyms: lacking, missing, wanting.
- lost in thought; showing preoccupation; "an absent stare", "an absentminded professor", "the scatty glancing quality of a hyperactive but unfocused intelligence". Synonyms: absentminded, abstracted, scatty.
- go away or leave; "He absented himself". Synonyms: remove.
Words nearby absent
Start with absent
absenters, absentees, absenteeism, absently, absentminded, absents, absenting, absented, absentee, absenter, absentmindedly, absenteeisms.
More information about absent
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- absent is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 8 points
- absent is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 8 points
- absent is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 10 points