Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- stain is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 5 points
- stain is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 5 points
- stain is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 6 points
5 letter words by unscrambling stain
4 letter words by unscrambling stain
3 letter words by unscrambling stain
2 letter words by unscrambling stain
Definition of stain
- a soiled or discolored appearance; "the wine left a dark stain". Synonyms: discoloration, discolouration.
- (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible.
- the state of being covered with unclean things. Synonyms: dirt, filth, grease, grime, grunge, soil.
- a symbol of disgrace or infamy; --Genesis; "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain". Synonyms: brand, mark, stigma.
- an act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook". Synonyms: blot, smear, smirch, spot.
- color with a liquid dye or tint; "Stain this table a beautiful walnut color", "people knew how to stain glass a beautiful blue in the middle ages".
- produce or leave stains; "Red wine stains the table cloth".
- make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically; "The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air", "Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man". Synonyms: defile, maculate, sully, tarnish.
- color for microscopic study; "The laboratory worker dyed the specimen".
bloodstain, counterstain, darken, demerit, dip, ebonise, ebonize, marble, scorch, smut, tarnish, tattoo, vein.
slain, spain, staid, stair, stalin, statin, stein, strain, swain.
abstain, abstain, again, ane, aquitaine, arcane, arraign, ascertain, attain, bahrain, bahrain, bane, blain, brain, butane, cain, campaign, cane, chain, champagne.
Words made by unscrambling the letters stain plus one letter
antics, nastic, actins, tenias, seitan, tineas, tisane, faints, sating, giants, gainst, shanti, haints, isatin, takins, instal, mantis, matins, paints, patins, pintas, ptisan, santir, strain, instar, trains, satins, saints, stains, taints, tanist, titans, statin, witans, twains, sanity, satiny.
Your query has returned 43 words, which include anagrams of stain as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in stain.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.