Definition of supplanting
- act of taking the place of another especially using underhanded tactics. Synonyms: displacement.
- take the place or move into the position of; "Smith replaced Miller as CEO after Miller left", "the computer has supplanted the slide rule", "Mary replaced Susan as the team's captain and the highest-ranked player in the school". Synonyms: replace, supercede, supersede, supervene upon, supplant.
deputise, deputize, displace, oust, preempt, substitute, usurp.
Rhymes with supplanting
chanting, enchanting, panting, planting, ranting, slanting, transplanting.
More information about supplanting
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- supplanting is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 16 points
- supplanting is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 16 points
- supplanting is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 23 points