Definition of adept
- having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude; "adept in handicrafts", "an adept juggler", "an expert job", "a good mechanic", "a practiced marksman", "a proficient engineer", "a lesser-known but no less skillful composer", "the effect was achieved by skillful retouching". Synonyms: expert, good, practiced, proficient, skilful, skillful.
- someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field. Synonyms: ace, champion, genius, hotshot, maven, mavin, sensation, star, superstar, virtuoso, whiz, whizz, wiz, wizard.
Words nearby adept
Rhymes with adept
accept, accept, except, inept, intercept, intercept, kept, sept, swept.
Start with adept
adeptly, adepts, adeptness, adeptest, adepter, adeptnesses.
End with adept
More information about adept
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- adept is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 8 points
- adept is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 8 points
- adept is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 9 points