Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- adopt is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 8 points
- adopt is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 8 points
- adopt is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 9 points
5 letter words by unscrambling adopt
4 letter words by unscrambling adopt
3 letter words by unscrambling adopt
2 letter words by unscrambling adopt
Definition of adopt
- choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or plans; "She followed the feminist movement", "The candidate espouses Republican ideals". Synonyms: espouse, follow.
- take up and practice as one's own. Synonyms: borrow, take over, take up.
- take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities; "When will the new President assume office?". Synonyms: assume, take on, take over.
- take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect; "His voice took on a sad tone", "The story took a new turn", "he adopted an air of superiority", "She assumed strange manners", "The gods assume human or animal form in these fables". Synonyms: acquire, assume, take, take on.
- take into one's family; "They adopted two children from Nicaragua". Synonyms: take in.
- put into dramatic form; "adopt a book for a screenplay". Synonyms: dramatise, dramatize.
- take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own; "She embraced Catholicism", "They adopted the Jewish faith". Synonyms: embrace, espouse, sweep up.
adhere, resume, stick.
chopped, cropped, opt, stopped, topped.
Words made by unscrambling the letters adopt plus one letter
Your query has returned 32 words, which include anagrams of adopt as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in adopt.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.