Definition of addiction
- being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially alcohol or narcotic drugs). Synonyms: dependance, dependence, dependency, habituation.
- an abnormally strong craving.
- (Roman law) a formal award by a magistrate of a thing or person to another person (as the award of a debtor to his creditor); a surrender to a master; "under Roman law addiction was the justification for slavery".
Words nearby addiction
Rhymes with addiction
affliction, benediction, constriction, contradiction, conviction, crucifixion, depiction, dereliction, diction, eviction, fiction, friction, infliction, interdiction, jurisdiction, jurisdiction, nonfiction, prediction, restriction.
Start with addiction
More information about addiction
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- addiction is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 13 points
- addiction is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 13 points
- addiction is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 15 points