Definition of accident
- an unfortunate mishap; especially one causing damage or injury.
- anything that happens suddenly or by chance without an apparent cause; "winning the lottery was a happy accident", "the pregnancy was a stroke of bad luck", "it was due to an accident or fortuity". Synonyms: chance event, fortuity, stroke.
break, casualty, coincidence, collision, crash, hap, happenstance, injury, lottery, shipwreck, wreck.
Words nearby accident
Start with accident
accidental, accidently, accidentally, accidentalness, accidents, accidentals.
End with accident
More information about accident
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- accident is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 13 points
- accident is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 13 points
- accident is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 16 points