Definition of rage
- a feeling of intense anger; "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", "his face turned red with rage". Synonyms: fury, madness.
- a state of extreme anger; "she fell into a rage and refused to answer".
- something that is desired intensely; "his rage for fame destroyed him". Synonyms: passion.
- violent state of the elements; "the sea hurled itself in thundering rage against the rocks".
- an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads", "it was all the rage that season". Synonyms: craze, cult, fad, furor, furore.
- behave violently, as if in state of a great anger. Synonyms: ramp, storm.
- be violent; as of fires and storms.
- feel intense anger; "Rage against the dying of the light!".
combust, lividity, wrath.
Words nearby rage
age, brage, cage, gage, page, race, rag, ragee, ragi, rake, rale, range, rape, rare, rase, rate, rave, raze, sage, wage.
Rhymes with rage
age, assuage, backstage, cage, disengage, engage, enrage, gage, gauge, offstage, onstage, osage, page, paige, phage, sage, stage, upstage, wage.
Start with rage
ragee, rages, raged, ragees.
End with rage
beverage, saxifrage, tutorage, forage, layerage, underage, sewerage, vicarage, moorage, langrage, floorage, umbrage, umpirage, pilferage, steerage, noncoverage, quarterage, suffrage, demurrage, entourage, waterage, anchorage, overage, fosterage, arbitrage, leverage, seignorage, interage, pasturage, garage, unaverage, average, storage, harborage, borage, porterage, arrearage, enrage, prestorage, ossifrage, and 22 more.