Definition of activated
- (of sewage) treated with aeration and bacteria to aid decomposition.
- (of e.g. a molecule) made reactive or more reactive. Synonyms: excited.
- rendered active; e.g. rendered radioactive or luminescent or photosensitive or conductive.
- (military) set up and placed on active assignment; "a newly activated unit".
- put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction", "actuate the circuits". Synonyms: activate, actuate, set off, spark, spark off, touch off, trigger, trigger off, trip.
- make active or more active; "activate an old file". Synonyms: activate. Antonyms: inactivate.
- make more adsorptive; "activate a metal". Synonyms: activate.
- aerate (sewage) so as to favor the growth of organisms that decompose organic matter. Synonyms: activate, aerate.
- make (substances) radioactive. Synonyms: activate.
Words nearby activated
Rhymes with activated
abbreviated, accelerated, accumulated, adulterated, affiliated, aggravated, aggregated, agitated, alienated, alleviated, amalgamated, animated, annihilated, anticipated, antiquated, appreciated, articulated, asphyxiated, assassinated, attenuated.
End with activated
deactivated, inactivated, nonactivated, reactivated.
More information about activated
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- activated is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 15 points
- activated is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 15 points
- activated is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 17 points