Definition of ace
- of the highest quality; "an ace reporter", "a crack shot", "a first-rate golfer", "a super party", "played top-notch tennis", "an athlete in tiptop condition", "she is absolutely tops". Synonyms: A-one, crack, first-rate, super, tiptop, top-notch, topnotch, tops.
- the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number; "he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it", "they had lunch at one". Synonyms: 1, I, one, single, unity.
- one of four playing cards in a deck having a single pip on its face.
- someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field. Synonyms: adept, champion, genius, hotshot, maven, mavin, sensation, star, superstar, virtuoso, whiz, whizz, wiz, wizard.
- proteolytic enzyme that converts angiotensin I into angiotensin II. Synonyms: ACE, angiotensin converting enzyme, angiotensin-converting enzyme.
- a major strategic headquarters of NATO; safeguards an area extending from Norway to Turkey. Synonyms: ACE, Allied Command Europe.
- a serve that the receiver is unable to reach.
- succeed at easily; "She sailed through her exams", "You will pass with flying colors", "She nailed her astrophysics course". Synonyms: breeze through, nail, pass with flying colors, sail through, sweep through.
- score an ace against; "He aced his opponents".
- play (a hole) in one stroke.
- serve an ace against (someone).
monad, monas, singleton.
Words nearby ace
ac, acc, acer, ache, acme, acne, acre, act, ade, age, ale, ane, ape, are, ate, awe, axe, bce, ce, dace, face, ice, lace, mace, pace, race, tce.
Rhymes with ace
apace, base, bass, brace, case, chase, dace, debase, deface, disgrace, displace, efface, embrace, embrace, encase, erase, erase, face, glace, grace.
Start with ace
acetous, acetylative, acedias, acetins, acetifications, acetazolamide, acetylenic, acetonitrile, acetylic, acervate, acetazolamides, aceldama, acerated, acetifies, acetylating, acetabula, acetals, acetamids, acetanilids, acetify, acetated, acetanilide, acerate, acetaminophen, acetic, acetifier, aceldamas, acetonic, acetanilides, acetone, acetaminophens, acetylated, acetylate, acephalic, acedia, acerbating, acerbated, acetabulum, acetanilid, acetal, and 55 more.
End with ace
paleface, hydrospace, workplace, surface, tenace, resurface, everyplace, dogface, whiteface, unbrace, preface, subspace, subrace, catface, outface, undersurface, apace, inlace, vambrace, retrace, footrace, aerospace, hypersurface, backspace, typeface, shoelace, pomace, hyperspace, cyberspace, workspace, anlace, midspace, deface, bootlace, place, ambsace, dace, superrace, thoroughbrace, subsurface, and 84 more.