Definition of absence
- the state of being absent; "he was surprised by the absence of any explanation". Antonyms: presence.
- failure to be present. Antonyms: presence.
- the time interval during which something or somebody is away; "he visited during my absence".
- the occurrence of an abrupt, transient loss or impairment of consciousness (which is not subsequently remembered), sometimes with light twitching, fluttering eyelids, etc.; common in petit mal epilepsy. Synonyms: absence seizure.
absenteeism, awayness, cut, default, nonoccurrence.
Words nearby absence
Start with absence
More information about absence
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- absence is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 11 points
- absence is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 11 points
- absence is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 14 points