Definition of abject
- of the most contemptible kind; "abject cowardice", "a low stunt to pull", "a low-down sneak", "his miserable treatment of his family", "You miserable skunk!", "a scummy rabble", "a scurvy trick". Synonyms: low, low-down, miserable, scummy, scurvy.
- most unfortunate or miserable; "the most abject slaves joined in the revolt", "abject poverty".
- showing utter resignation or hopelessness; "abject surrender". Synonyms: unhopeful.
- showing humiliation or submissiveness; "an abject apology".
Words nearby abject
Start with abject
abjection, abjectly, abjectnesses, abjections, abjectness.
More information about abject
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- abject is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 17 points
- abject is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 17 points
- abject is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 21 points