Definition of adhere
- be compatible or in accordance with; "You must adhere to the rules".
- follow through or carry out a plan without deviation; "They adhered to their plan".
- come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation; "The dress clings to her body", "The label stuck to the box", "The sushi rice grains cohere". Synonyms: cleave, cling, cohere, stick.
- be a devoted follower or supporter; "The residents of this village adhered to Catholicism", "She sticks to her principles". Synonyms: stick.
- be loyal to; "She stood by her husband in times of trouble", "The friends stuck together through the war". Synonyms: stand by, stick, stick by.
- stick to firmly; "Will this wallpaper adhere to the wall?". Synonyms: bind, bond, hold fast, stick, stick to.
agglutinate, bind, conglutinate, mold.
Rhymes with adhere
amir, amir, appear, auctioneer, austere, bandolier, beer, belvedere, belvedere, bombardier, brigadier, career, cashier, cavalier, chandelier, cheer, chevalier, clear, cohere, commandeer.
Start with adhere
adhered, adherend, adherends, adherences, adherents, adherence, adherer, adherers, adherent, adherently, adheres.