Definition of accused
- a defendant in a criminal proceeding.
- bring an accusation against; level a charge against; "The neighbors accused the man of spousal abuse". Synonyms: accuse, criminate, impeach, incriminate.
- blame for, make a claim of wrongdoing or misbehavior against; "he charged the director with indifference". Synonyms: accuse, charge.
accuse, arraign, asperse, besmirch, blame, calumniate, charge, criminate, defame, denigrate, fault, file, impeach, incriminate, indict, lodge, recriminate, reproach, slander, smear, smirch, sully, upbraid.
Words nearby accused
accursed, accuse, accuser.
Rhymes with accused
abused, amused, bemused, confused, diffused, disabused, excused, fused, misused, unused, used.
End with accused
More information about accused
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- accused is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 12 points
- accused is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 12 points
- accused is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 15 points