Definition of acid
- harsh or corrosive in tone; "an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose", "a barrage of acid comments", "her acrid remarks make her many enemies", "bitter words", "blistering criticism", "caustic jokes about political assassination, talk-show hosts and medical ethics", "a sulfurous denunciation", "a vitriolic critique". Synonyms: acerb, acerbic, acrid, bitter, blistering, caustic, sulfurous, sulphurous, virulent, vitriolic.
- being sour to the taste. Synonyms: acidic, acidulent, acidulous.
- having the characteristics of an acid; "an acid reaction".
- any of various water-soluble compounds having a sour taste and capable of turning litmus red and reacting with a base to form a salt.
- street name for lysergic acid diethylamide. Synonyms: Elvis, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, Zen, back breaker, battery-acid, dose, dot, loony toons, pane, superman, window pane.
alcapton, alkapton, cyanamid, cyanamide, hydroxybenzene, lansoprazole, malonylurea, oxyacid, oxybenzene, pantothen, phenol, vitriol.
Words nearby acid
acrid, aid, arid, avid, cid, scid.
Rhymes with acid
Start with acid
acidimetry, acidulent, acidulous, acidheads, acidimetries, acidotic, acidimetric, acidnesses, aciduria, acidulates, acidurias, acidhead, acidimeters, acidity, acidemias, acidifier, acidifying, acidophile, acidophiles, acidophil, acidoses, acidosis, acidulate, acids, acidness, acidly, acidify, acidulated, acidemia, acidities, acidification, acidic, acidulation, acidified, acidimeter, acidifiers, acidifies, acidulations, acidifications, acidy, and 3 more.
End with acid
subacid, tetracid, diacid, hypoacid, peracid, nonacid, monoacid, triacid, hyperacid, oxyacid, antacid, hydracid, characid, monacid, placid.