Definition of above
- appearing earlier in the same text; "flaws in the above interpretation".
- at an earlier place; "see above". Synonyms: supra. Antonyms: below.
- in or to a place that is higher. Synonyms: higher up, in a higher place, to a higher place. Antonyms: below.
- an earlier section of a written text; "for instructions refer to the above".
Words nearby above
Rhymes with above
dove, glove, love, shove, thereof.
Start with above
aboveground, aboveboard, aboves.
End with above
More information about above
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- above is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 10 points
- above is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 10 points
- above is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 12 points