Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- trying is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 10 points
- trying is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 10 points
- trying is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 11 points
6 letter words by unscrambling trying
5 letter words by unscrambling trying
4 letter words by unscrambling trying
3 letter words by unscrambling trying
2 letter words by unscrambling trying
Definition of trying
- hard to endure; "fell upon trying times".
- extremely irritating to the nerves; "nerve-racking noise", "the stressful days before a war", "a trying day at the office". Synonyms: nerve-racking, nerve-wracking, stressful.
- make an effort or attempt; "He tried to shake off his fears", "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps", "The police attempted to stop the thief", "He sought to improve himself", "She always seeks to do good in the world". Synonyms: assay, attempt, essay, seek, try.
- put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results", "Test this recipe". Synonyms: essay, examine, prove, test, try, try out.
- put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of; "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife", "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials". Synonyms: adjudicate, judge, try.
- take a sample of; "Try these new crackers", "Sample the regional dishes". Synonyms: sample, taste, try, try out.
- examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process; "The jury had heard all the evidence", "The case will be tried in California". Synonyms: hear, try.
- give pain or trouble to; "I've been sorely tried by these students". Synonyms: try.
- test the limits of; "You are trying my patience!". Synonyms: strain, stress, try.
- melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities; "try the yak butter", "render fat in a casserole". Synonyms: render, try.
- put on a garment in order to see whether it fits and looks nice; "Try on this sweater to see how it looks". Synonyms: try, try on.
adventure, chance, control, degust, endeavor, endeavour, fight, float, gamble, grope, hazard, rack, rehear, retry, risk, strive, struggle, verify.
crying, frying, prying, toying, tying.
buying, crying, dyeing, dying, flying, frying, lying, overlying, prying, spying, supplying, tying, underlying, undying.
Words made by unscrambling the letters trying plus one letter
Your query has returned 24 words, which include anagrams of trying as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in trying.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.