Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- tight is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 9 points
- tight is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 9 points
- tight is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 9 points
5 letter words by unscrambling tight
3 letter words by unscrambling tight
2 letter words by unscrambling tight
Definition of tight
- closely constrained or constricted or constricting; "tight skirts", "he hated tight starched collars", "fingers closed in a tight fist", "a tight feeling in his chest". Antonyms: loose.
- pulled or drawn tight; "taut sails", "a tight drumhead", "a tight rope". Synonyms: taut.
- set so close together as to be invulnerable to penetration; "in tight formation", "a tight blockade".
- pressed tightly together; "with lips compressed". Synonyms: compressed.
- (used of persons or behavior) characterized by or indicative of lack of generosity; "a mean person", "he left a miserly tip". Synonyms: mean, mingy, miserly.
- affected by scarcity and expensive to borrow; "tight money", "a tight market".
- of such close construction as to be impermeable; "a tight roof", "warm in our tight little house". Antonyms: leaky.
- of textiles; "a close weave", "smooth percale with a very tight weave". Synonyms: close.
- securely or solidly fixed in place; rigid; "the bolts are tight".
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched; "a close contest", "a close election", "a tight game". Synonyms: close.
- very drunk. Synonyms: besotted, blind drunk, blotto, cockeyed, crocked, fuddled, loaded, pie-eyed, pissed, pixilated, plastered, slopped, sloshed, smashed, soaked, soused, sozzled, squiffy, stiff, wet.
- exasperatingly difficult to handle or circumvent; "a nasty problem", "a good man to have on your side in a tight situation". Synonyms: nasty.
- demanding strict attention to rules and procedures; "rigorous discipline", "tight security", "stringent safety measures". Synonyms: rigorous, stringent.
- packed closely together; "they stood in a tight little group", "hair in tight curls", "the pub was packed tight".
- firmly or closely; "held fast to the rope", "her foot was stuck fast", "held tight". Synonyms: fast.
- in an attentive manner; "he remained close on his guard". Synonyms: close, closely.
bight, eight, fight, light, might, night, right, sight, tights, wight.
alight, alright, benight, bight, bite, blight, bright, byte, cite, contrite, delight, despite, electrolyte, excite, fight, flight, forthright, fright, height, ignite.
Words made by unscrambling the letters tight plus one letter
Your query has returned 8 words, which include anagrams of tight as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in tight.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.