Definition of study
- a detailed critical inspection. Synonyms: survey.
- applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading); "mastering a second language requires a lot of work", "no schools offer graduate study in interior design". Synonyms: work.
- a written document describing the findings of some individual or group; "this accords with the recent study by Hill and Dale". Synonyms: report, written report.
- a state of deep mental absorption; "she is in a deep study".
- a room used for reading and writing and studying; "he knocked lightly on the closed door of the study".
- a branch of knowledge; "in what discipline is his doctorate?", "teachers should be well trained in their subject", "anthropology is the study of human beings". Synonyms: bailiwick, discipline, field, field of study, subject, subject area, subject field.
- preliminary drawing for later elaboration; "he made several studies before starting to paint". Synonyms: sketch.
- attentive consideration and meditation; "after much cogitation he rejected the offer". Synonyms: cogitation.
- someone who memorizes quickly and easily (as the lines for a part in a play); "he is a quick study".
- a composition intended to develop one aspect of the performer's technique; "a study in spiccato bowing".
- consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning; "analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare", "analyze the evidence in a criminal trial", "analyze your real motives". Synonyms: analyse, analyze, canvas, canvass, examine.
- be a student; follow a course of study; be enrolled at an institute of learning.
- give careful consideration to; "consider the possibility of moving". Synonyms: consider.
- be a student of a certain subject; "She is reading for the bar exam". Synonyms: learn, read, take.
- learn by reading books; "He is studying geology in his room", "I have an exam next week; I must hit the books now". Synonyms: hit the books.
- think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes; "He is meditating in his study". Synonyms: contemplate, meditate.
allometry, anatomize, appraise, architecture, arts, assay, audit, bibliotics, bone, check, communications, compare, con, consider, cram, design, diagnose, divinity, draft, drill, drum, engineering, equate, escapology, exercise, factor, follow, frontier, futuristics, futurology, genealogy, graphology, humanities, inspect, investigate, learn, liken, lucubration, major, memorise, memorize, name, numerology, occultism, ology, practice, practise, prepare, protology, reexamine, resurvey, review, science, screen, scrutinise, scrutinize, sieve, sift, survey, swot, technology, theogony, theology, trace, train, view, vignette.
bloody, buddy, cruddy, cuddy, muddy, ruddy.
Your query has returned 9 words, which include anagrams of study as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in study.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.