Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- retire is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 6 points
- retire is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 6 points
- retire is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 6 points
6 letter words by unscrambling retire
5 letter words by unscrambling retire
4 letter words by unscrambling retire
3 letter words by unscrambling retire
2 letter words by unscrambling retire
Definition of retire
- go into retirement; stop performing one's work or withdraw from one's position; "He retired at age 68".
- withdraw from active participation; "He retired from chess". Synonyms: withdraw.
- pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew", "The limo pulled away from the curb". Synonyms: draw back, move back, pull away, pull back, recede, retreat, withdraw. Antonyms: advance.
- withdraw from circulation or from the market, as of bills, shares, and bonds.
- break from a meeting or gathering; "We adjourned for lunch", "The men retired to the library". Synonyms: adjourn, withdraw.
- make (someone) retire; "The director was retired after the scandal".
- dispose of (something no longer useful or needed); "She finally retired that old coat".
- lose interest; "he retired from life when his wife died". Synonyms: withdraw.
- cause to be out on a fielding play. Synonyms: put out.
- cause to get out; "The pitcher retired three batters", "the runner was put out at third base". Synonyms: strike out.
- prepare for sleep; "I usually turn in at midnight", "He goes to bed at the crack of dawn". Synonyms: bed, crawl in, go to bed, go to sleep, hit the hay, hit the sack, kip down, sack out, turn in. Antonyms: get up, turn out.
prorogue, retreat, retrograde, superannuate, withdraw.
retie, retired, retiree, rewire.
admire, afire, aspire, dire, expire, fire, hire, inquire, inspire, ire, lyre, meir, mire, perspire, quire, require, shire, skier, spire, squire.
Words made by unscrambling the letters retire plus one letter
tearier, reciter, retried, tireder, retired, retiree, ferrite, trireme, miterer, reinter, terrine, rentier, terrier, retirer, retries, terries, retires, riveter, rewrite.
Your query has returned 21 words, which include anagrams of retire as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in retire.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.