Definition of resolution
- a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote. Synonyms: declaration, resolve.
- the ability of a microscope or telescope to measure the angular separation of images that are close together. Synonyms: resolving power.
- the trait of being resolute; "his resoluteness carried him through the battle", "it was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work". Synonyms: firmness, firmness of purpose, resoluteness, resolve. Antonyms: irresoluteness.
- finding a solution to a problem. Synonyms: solving.
- something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making; "they finally reached a settlement with the union", "they never did achieve a final resolution of their differences", "he needed to grieve before he could achieve a sense of closure". Synonyms: closure, settlement.
- analysis into clear-cut components. Synonyms: resolving.
- (computer science) the number of pixels per square inch on a computer-generated display; the greater the resolution, the better the picture.
- the subsidence of swelling or other signs of inflammation (especially in a lung).
- (music) a dissonant chord is followed by a consonant chord. Antonyms: preparation.
- a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; "they were trying to find a peaceful solution", "the answers were in the back of the book", "he computed the result to four decimal places". Synonyms: answer, result, solution, solvent.
- a decision to do something or to behave in a certain manner; "he always wrote down his New Year's resolutions".
adamance, bullheadedness, decision, decisiveness, denouement, determination, diagonalisation, diagonalization, factoring, factorisation, factorization, obduracy, obstinacy, obstinance, pigheadedness, possession, purpose, steadfastness, steadiness, stiffness, stubbornness, sturdiness, unyieldingness, willpower.
ablution, absolution, aleutian, andalusian, attribution, confucian, constitution, contribution, devolution, dilution, dilution, diminution, dissolution, distribution, electrocution, elocution, evolution, evolution, evolution, evolution.
Your query has returned 700 words, which include anagrams of resolution as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in resolution.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.