Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- reducing is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 12 points
- reducing is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 12 points
- reducing is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 16 points
8 letter words by unscrambling reducing
7 letter words by unscrambling reducing
6 letter words by unscrambling reducing
5 letter words by unscrambling reducing
4 letter words by unscrambling reducing
3 letter words by unscrambling reducing
2 letter words by unscrambling reducing
Definition of reducing
- any process in which electrons are added to an atom or ion (as by removing oxygen or adding hydrogen); always occurs accompanied by oxidation of the reducing agent. Synonyms: reduction.
- loss of excess weight (as by dieting); becoming slimmer; "a doctor supervised her reducing".
- cut down on; make a reduction in; "reduce your daily fat intake", "The employer wants to cut back health benefits". Synonyms: bring down, cut, cut back, cut down, reduce, trim, trim back, trim down.
- make less complex; "reduce a problem to a single question". Synonyms: reduce.
- bring to humbler or weaker state or condition; "He reduced the population to slavery". Synonyms: reduce.
- simplify the form of a mathematical equation of expression by substituting one term for another. Synonyms: reduce.
- lower in grade or rank or force somebody into an undignified situation; "She reduced her niece to a servant". Synonyms: reduce.
- be the essential element; "The proposal boils down to a compromise". Synonyms: boil down, come down, reduce.
- reduce in size; reduce physically; "Hot water will shrink the sweater", "Can you shrink this image?". Synonyms: reduce, shrink.
- lessen and make more modest; "reduce one's standard of living". Synonyms: reduce.
- make smaller; "reduce an image". Synonyms: reduce, scale down. Antonyms: blow up.
- to remove oxygen from a compound, or cause to react with hydrogen or form a hydride, or to undergo an increase in the number of electrons. Synonyms: deoxidise, deoxidize, reduce. Antonyms: oxidise, oxidize.
- narrow or limit; "reduce the influx of foreigners". Synonyms: reduce, tighten.
- put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising", "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently", "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land". Synonyms: keep down, quash, reduce, repress, subdue, subjugate.
- undergo meiosis; "The cells reduce". Synonyms: reduce.
- reposition (a broken bone after surgery) back to its normal site. Synonyms: reduce.
- destress and thus weaken a sound when pronouncing it. Synonyms: reduce.
- reduce in scope while retaining essential elements; "The manuscript must be shortened". Synonyms: abbreviate, abridge, contract, cut, foreshorten, reduce, shorten. Antonyms: expand.
- be cooked until very little liquid is left; "The sauce should reduce to one cup". Synonyms: boil down, concentrate, decoct, reduce.
- cook until very little liquid is left; "The cook reduced the sauce by boiling it for a long time". Synonyms: boil down, concentrate, reduce.
- lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture; "cut bourbon". Synonyms: cut, dilute, reduce, thin, thin out.
- take off weight. Synonyms: lose weight, melt off, reduce, slenderize, slim, slim down, thin. Antonyms: gain.
abbreviate, benficiate, bowdlerise, bowdlerize, castrate, concentrate, condense, contract, deflate, depopulate, desolate, detract, digest, downsize, expurgate, inflate, miniaturise, miniaturize, obscure, pole, quench, reduce, reef, retrench, shave, shorten, slash, spill, subtract, thin.
Words made by unscrambling the letters reducing plus one letter
Your query has returned 165 words, which include anagrams of reducing as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in reducing.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.