Definition of operations
- financial transactions at a brokerage; having to do with the execution of trades and keeping customer records. Synonyms: trading operations.
- the state of being in effect or being operative; "that rule is no longer in operation". Synonyms: operation.
- a business especially one run on a large scale; "a large-scale farming operation", "a multinational operation", "they paid taxes on every stage of the operation", "they had to consolidate their operations". Synonyms: operation.
- a planned activity involving many people performing various actions; "they organized a rescue operation", "the biggest police operation in French history", "running a restaurant is quite an operation", "consolidate the companies various operations". Synonyms: operation.
- (computer science) data processing in which the result is completely specified by a rule (especially the processing that results from a single instruction); "it can perform millions of operations per second". Synonyms: operation.
- activity by a military or naval force (as a maneuver or campaign); "it was a joint operation of the navy and air force". Synonyms: military operation, operation.
- a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body; "they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available", "he died while undergoing surgery". Synonyms: operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process.
- a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work; "the operations in building a house", "certain machine tool operations". Synonyms: operation, procedure.
- process or manner of functioning or operating; "the power of its engine determines its operation", "the plane's operation in high winds", "they compared the cooking performance of each oven", "the jet's performance conformed to high standards". Synonyms: functioning, operation, performance.
- (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents; "the process of thinking", "the cognitive operation of remembering". Synonyms: cognitive operation, cognitive process, mental process, operation, process.
- (mathematics) calculation by mathematical methods; "the problems at the end of the chapter demonstrated the mathematical processes involved in the derivation", "they were learning the basic operations of arithmetic". Synonyms: mathematical operation, mathematical process, operation.
- the activity of operating something (a machine or business etc.); "her smooth operation of the vehicle gave us a surprisingly comfortable ride". Synonyms: operation.
ablation, access, amputation, anaplasty, angioplasty, arthroplasty, arthroscopy, attack, campaign, castration, catheterisation, catheterization, cauterisation, cauterization, cautery, chemosurgery, combination, commission, construction, craniotomy, cryosurgery, curettage, curettement, debridement, decortication, differentiation, electrosurgery, enterostomy, enterotomy, enucleation, evisceration, excision, exenteration, exponentiation, extirpation, fenestration, gastrectomy, gastrostomy, hysterotomy, idle, implantation, integration, involution, jejunostomy, lookup, maneuver, manoeuvre, maximization, microsurgery, mission, myotomy, myringectomy, myringoplasty, myringotomy, neurosurgery, offence, offense, offensive, onrush, onset, onslaught, orchiopexy, osteotomy, ostomy, peacekeeping, permutation, phlebectomy, polypectomy, psyop, reenforcement, reinforcement, relaxation, resection, rhinotomy, rhizotomy, running, search, sort, sorting, sterilisation, sterilization, strabotomy, support, taxis, tracheostomy, tracheotomy, transplant, transplantation, trephination, tympanoplasty, uranoplasty, vasovasostomy, vivisection.
appalachians, communications, congratulations, relations, stations.
Your query has returned 1008 words, which include anagrams of operations as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in operations.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.