Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- meiosis is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 9 points
- meiosis is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 9 points
- meiosis is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 10 points
7 letter words by unscrambling meiosis
6 letter words by unscrambling meiosis
5 letter words by unscrambling meiosis
4 letter words by unscrambling meiosis
3 letter words by unscrambling meiosis
2 letter words by unscrambling meiosis
Definition of meiosis
- (genetics) cell division that produces reproductive cells in sexually reproducing organisms; the nucleus divides into four nuclei each containing half the chromosome number (leading to gametes in animals and spores in plants). Synonyms: miosis, reduction division.
- understatement for rhetorical effect (especially when expressing an affirmative by negating its contrary); "saying `I was not a little upset' when you mean `I was very upset' is an example of litotes". Synonyms: litotes.
acidosis, apotheosis, asbestosis, cirrhosis, diagnosis, fibrosis, heterosis, hypnosis, necrosis, nephrosis, neurosis, prognosis, psychosis, sclerosis, symbiosis, thrombosis, tuberculosis, tuberculosis.
Words made by unscrambling the letters meiosis plus one letter
simonies, emission, mispoise, semiosis, omissive.
Your query has returned 45 words, which include anagrams of meiosis as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in meiosis.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.